Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the biscuit dough:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/ 160˚C fan/ gas mark 4 and line two baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
- Stir in the flour until it forms a soft dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and allow to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough between two sheets of parchment paper to about 1cm thick.
- Use a variety of Easter themed cutters and place them onto the prepared baking tray. Once they are all cut out, place the trays in the fridge for a further 30 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until pale golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- For the icing, sieve the icing sugar into a bowl. Add the water a little at a time to make a lightly runny icing; it should still be quite thick. Divide the icing amongst bowls and add your favourite colours. Use a piping bag to pipe different designs and decorate with sprinkles.
Per Serving: 167kcals, 4.4g fat (2.7g saturated), 30.5g carbs (19.8g sugars), 1.7g protein, 0.4g fibre, 0.032g sodium
Popular in Kids baking
Peanut butter Rice Krispie bars