Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat 500ml apple juice with herbs, garlic and salts, poach livers gently in this liquid until they reach 75˚C in the centre.
- Remove livers with a slotted spoon and purée in a blender for about five minutes, gradually adding cubes of butter until completely smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning, pass through a fine sieve and place in individual ramekins or greased and lined terrine mould then place in refrigerator to set.
- Heat 100ml apple juice with sugar and lemon juice. Once hot, remove from heat source, add soaked and drained gelatine and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add remaining apple juice stir and pass through a fine sieve allow to semi set in refrigerator.
- Once cold but still fluid, pour jelly over set plate and place in refrigerator to fully set. Serve with hot toast and a slightly dressed salad.
Recipe courtesy of Gareth Reid of 4 Vicars Restaurant.
Popular in Irish
Irish coffee affogato by EUROSPAR