1.2kg sweet potatoes
1.2kg white potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
8 egg yolks
120g butter, melted
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 egg, beaten with a little water
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and bake for 90 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the white potatoes in a pot of salted boiling water until tender. Drain and place in the oven with the sweet potatoes for their final 10-15 minutes. Remove all the potatoes from the oven and allow to cool, then peel the sweet potatoes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5.
- In a large bowl, combine both types of cooled potatoes with the egg yolks, butter, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cream. Mash the potatoes until very smooth. (You could also use a blender to whizz them together.)
- Place the mixture into a pastry bag with a large star nozzle. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pipe the mixture onto the tray making 30 little mounds, swirling around as you build each to the top.
- Gently brush each potato mound with some of the egg wash.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until slightly browned. Serve immediately.
Per Serving 311kcals, 12.7g fat (7g saturated), 44.7g carbs, 2.1g sugars, 5.7g protein, 6.6g fibre, 0.476g sodium