165g butter, softened
165g caster sugar
1tsp Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract
165g plain flour
2tsp Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
A pinch of salt
Dr. Oetker Baking Cases
2 tubs Dr. Oetker Vanilla Buttercream
Dr. Oetker Gel Food Colour (1-2 drops each blue, yellow, green, orange, purple and red)
Dr. Oetker Ultimate Sprinkle Mix Unicorn Confetti
NEW Dr. Oetker Unicorn Wafer Placements
NEW Dr. Oetker DInos Wafer Placements
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with Dr. Oetker Baking Cases.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract.
- Fold in the flour, Dr. Oetker Baking Powder and a pinch of salt.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking cases and bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Divide the Dr. Oetker Vanilla Buttercream amongst six bowls. Mix in 1-2 drops of gel food colour to each bowl.
- Roll out a sheet of cling film. Spread even stripes of each colour next to one another up the centre of the cling film. Roll up the cling film into a sausage and cut off any excess. Using a star nozzle in a piping bag and place the sausage of buttercream inside the bag.
- Pipe a swirl of the rainbow buttercream on the top of each cupcake. Decorate with Dr. Oetker Unicorn Confetti and stick one of the Dr Oetker Wafer Placements on top.