80g milk or dark chocolate, plus extra to decorate
250g self-raising flour
25g cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
125g caster sugar
50g light brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
100ml sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the chocolate chunks into a sealable bag and use a rolling pin to break up the chocolate, or use a sharp knife to chop the chocolate into chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine the chocolate chunks, flour, cocoa, baking powder and sugar.
- Add the milk, beaten egg, sunflower oil and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin cups and top with some small chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops feel springy to the touch. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm.
Per Serving 264kcals, 11.9g fat (2.8g saturated), 36.6g carbs (18.2g sugars), 4.3g protein, 1.7g fibre, 0.022g sodium