1 tbsp olive oil
2 free range chicken breasts
1 tbsp chipotle paste
1 tbsp tomato purée
150ml chicken stock
170g tortilla chips
75g Cheddar or Emmental
10 jalapeño slices
100ml sour cream
Good handful of fresh coriander, leaves picked
For the guacamole:
4 cherry tomatoes
Small handful of fresh coriander 1 lime juice
For the salsa:
250g cherry tomatoes or vine tomatoes 100g roasted red peppers
1⁄2 small red onion
Pinch of chilli flakes
Small handful of fresh coriander, chopped 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Make the salsa first. Finely chop the cherry tomatoes and the roasted red peppers.
- Peel and finely chop the red onion and the coriander leaves.
- Mix the tomatoes, peppers, onion and coriander leaves together in a bowl with the chilli flakes and extra virgin olive oil and season well. Set aside.
- Next, make the guacamole. Finely chop the cherry tomatoes and coriander leaves.
- Stone the avocados and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Mash with the back of a fork.
- Stir through with the tomatoes, coriander and lime juice. Season well and set aside.
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 6. On a chopping board, bash the chicken between two pieces of parchment paper until about 1cm in thickness using a rolling pin.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a high heat. Season the chicken and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side until just cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and slice thinly.
- Add the chipotle and tomato purée to the pan and stir over a medium heat then add the stock and return the chicken slices to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until most of the stock has reduced. Allow to cool a little.
- Toss the tortilla chips with the chicken. Scatter the cheese and jalapeños all over and pop in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted. Dollop with the salsa, guacamole and soured cream, scatter with coriander and serve.
Per serving: 582kcals, 39.6g fat (9.3g saturated), 38.1g carbs (6.7g sugars), 24.4g protein, 11.4g fibre, 0.493g sodium