Serves about 14
450g soft cream cheese with garlic and herbs, at room temperature
3 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp smoked paprika
200g Cheddar, grated
4 spring onions, finely chopped
Salt and black pepper
8 Denny Rashers
3 tbsp mango chutney
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, Cheddar, spring onions and some salt and pepper. Stir until well combined using a spatula.
- Place a large sheet of cling film on the work surface and place the cream cheese mixture on top. Wrap up the mixture and shape into a rugby ball. Place in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight, until firm.
- Cook the Denny rashers in a pan until very crisp and golden. Allow to cool, then crumble into fine pieces.
- To serve, unwrap the cheese rugby ball and carefully transfer to a serving plate. Gently spread mango chutney all over the top and sides of the ball using a palette knife.
- Coat the ball in the bacon bits, picking up any that fall off and gently pressing them onto the sticky mango chutney.
- Serve immediately, or cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Perfect with crudités, crackers and/or bread.