For the mint cream:
30g fresh mint leaves
220ml double cream
For the crust:
300g Oreo cookies, crushed
100g butter, melted
For the filling:
250g dark chocolate, chopped
80g milk chocolate, chopped
20g butter, softened
220ml mint cream
- Heat the cream in a saucepan over a medium-high heat until boiling, then add the mint leaves. Pour the cream into a bowl and cover with cling film. Cool to room temperature, then place in the fridge overnight.
- Pour the cream through a sieve and discard the mint leaves.
- Combine the crushed Oreos with the melted butter and peppermint extract. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 20cm tart tin. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- For the filling, place the dark and milk chocolate in a bowl with the butter. Heat the mint cream in a saucepan until almost boiling, then pour it over the chocolate. Gently stir until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Pour the filling into the tart crust and smooth the surface with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for a 1½-2 hours until the chocolate has set. Slice and serve with whipped cream.
Per serving: 605kcals, 41.9g fat (24.1g saturated), 52.4g carbs, 36.8g sugars, 5.9g protein, 2.5g fibre, 0.311g sodium
Do you love chocolate and mint? Here’s our Mint chocolate and mint cream cake...