Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the sponge:
For the ganache:
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4. Line two deep 20cm round cake tins with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder and caster sugar.
- Add the remaining sponge ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared tins and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool fully.
- To make the ganache, stir together the sour cream and melted chocolate until smooth. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Place one of the sponges onto a cake stand or plate. Spread over half of the ganache. Top with the second sponge and spread on the remaining ganache.
Per serving: 886kcals, 48.8g fat (30.5g saturated), 102.6g carbs (64.7g sugars), 13.3g protein, 5.3g fibre, 0.234g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Chai tea cake