Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line a 20x25cm tin with non- stick parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add the dark chocolate and butter. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water and leave to melt. Once melted, allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and the caster sugar until it reaches the ribbon stage.
- In a bowl, add the instant coffee, sugar and boiling water. Using a hand whisk or an electric mixer, whisk until the mix becomes thick and fluffy. It will be like meringue at the soft peak stage.
- Gently fold the cooled chocolate mix into the eggs, then fold in the coffee mix.
- Fold in the flour until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared tray for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer is inserted and comes out clean. Allow to cool fully before cutting into squares.
Per serving: 422kcals, 27.5g fat (17.2g saturated), 38.9g carbs (26.4g sugars), 6g protein, 1.2g fibre, 0.175g sodium
Popular in Brownies
Caramel cornflake crunch brownies