Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the custard:
For the pies:
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- For the custard, combine the eggs, yolks, sugar and cornflour in a saucepan and whisk together. Gradually add the milk until mixture is well mixed and smooth.
- Place the pan over a medium heat and stir constantly until mixture thickens and comes to the boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Transfer the custard in a bowl and allow to cool, covering with cling film to prevent a skin forming.
- For the base, cut the puff pastry into two pieces and place them on top of each other. Starting at a short side, roll the pastry up tightly into a log. Slice the log into 12 evenly-sized rounds.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each round out to form a 10cm disc. Press the pastry discs into the prepared muffin tin.
- Spoon one tablespoon of mincemeat into the base of each pastry case. Pour in the cooled custard, then bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden on top.
- Leave to cool in the tin for five minutes, then serve warm or move to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Per serving: 265kcals, 12.5g fat (3.6g saturated), 33.9g carbs (18.6g sugars), 4.1g protein, 0.5g fibre, 0.136g sodium
Popular in Christmas
Rum & pistachio chocolate fudge