250g mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ tbsp olive oil, plus extra to grease
280g frozen spinach, thawed
4 large eggs
60g Feta, crumbled
40g Parmesan, grated
60g Cheddar, grated
Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180kC/160˚C fan/gas mark 4
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and some salt and pepper and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Lightly grease a pie dish with olive oil.
- In a colander over the sink, squeeze any water out of the thawed spinach and spread it on the bottom of the pie dish. Add the cooked mushrooms and crumbled Feta.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the milk, Parmesan and some black pepper and whisk to combine. Pour this mixture over the spinach, mushrooms and Feta.
- Sprinkle the grated Cheddar cheese over the top. Place the quiche into the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the centre is solid. Cut into wedges and serve with salad.
Per serving: 248kcals, 14.9g fat (7g saturated), 9.8g carbs, 5.4g sugars, 21.4g protein, 2.3g fibre, 0.55g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
Add cooked ham or chicken for a non-veggie version. Add 1 tsp dried chilli flakes to give the quiche a bit of a kick. Swap the Cheddar for any good melting cheese, such as Mozzarella or Gruyère.