1 small red onion, finely sliced
½ tsp caster sugar
2 tsp white wine vinegar
Salt and black pepper
4 tbsp tartare sauce
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1-2 drops tabasco
4 breaded cod or haddock fillets
4 slices smoked cheese
4 brioche buns
1 Little Gem lettuce, leaves separated
Cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- In a bowl, combine the onion, sugar and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and stir together. Set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the tartare sauce, mustard and Tabasco. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven and cook the fish according to package instructions.
- Top the fish with the sliced cheese and return to the oven for 1-2 minutes longer or until melted.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread the buns with the spicy tartare sauce. Add some lettuce leaves and the red onion, then top with a piece of fish and some cucumber ribbons. Close together with the top buns and serve with chunky chips.
Per serving 736kcals, 37.6g fat (16.2g saturated), 51.8g carbs (10.1g sugars), 14.1g protein, 2.9g fibre, 0.846g sodium