Serves 4 - 4
- Vegetable oil
- 125g crisps (any flavour you like)
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 chicken fillets, cut into strips
- 50g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5 and grease two baking trays with vegetable oil.
- Put the crisps in a sealable bag, squeeze out all the air and seal the bag. Use a rolling pin to crush the crisps into small crumbs, then put these into in a shallow bowl.
- Place the flour in another shallow bowl and season with salt and black pepper.
- Crack the eggs into a third shallow bowl and use a fork or a whisk to beat them together.
- Dip the chicken pieces in plain flour, then in the beaten egg and finally coat in the crisp crumbs, pressing them on with your fingers so that every goujon is well coated. Gently shake off any bits that haven’t stuck and put the chicken goujons on the oiled baking tray. (The process is easier if you use one hand for dipping the chicken into the egg, and the other for dipping into the flour and crisps.)
- Bake the goujons for 30-35 minutes, turning them over once, until they are golden brown and completely cooked.
Per serving: 556kcals, 26.7g fat (5.8g saturated), 29.2g carbs, 1.1g sugars, 46.8g protein, 1.9g fibre, 0.293g sodium