For the wings:
1kg chicken wings, tips removed, broken into flats and drumettes
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp paprika
Salt and black pepper
For the sauce:
6 tbsp barbecue sauce
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5 and coat two baking trays generously with cooking spray.
- Pat the wings dry with kitchen paper and season with the garlic powder, sugar, paprika and some salt and black pepper.
- Arrange the wings in a single layer on the baking trays and place in the oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until completely cooked throughout, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, place all of the ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan and simmer gently over a low heat.
- Toss the cooked wings in the sauce, then return to the baking trays and place them back in the oven for five minutes or until the sauce is bubbling.
633kcals, 24.8g fat (9g saturated), 26.5g carbs, 22.4g sugars, 73g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.648g sodium