For the blue cheese dip:
40g blue cheese, crumbled
4 tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 small garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and black pepper
For the wings:
1kg chicken wings, tips removed, broken into flats and drumettes
1 tbsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
For the sauce:
30g unsalted butter, melted
60ml Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce
½ tbsp brown sugar
Pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, stir together all of the ingredients for the blue cheese dip and refrigerate until needed, removing from the fridge 15 minutes before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 130˚C/110˚C fan/gas mark ½ and line a large baking tray with tin foil. Coat lightly with cooking spray. Pat the wings dry with kitchen paper.
- Place the wings in a large sealable bag. Add the baking powder and salt. Close the bag and shake to coat the wings evenly.
- Arrange the wings in a single layer on the baking tray and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Increase the temperature to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7 and bake for a further 40 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, place all of the ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan and simmer gently over a low heat.
- Flip the wings over and cook for a final five minutes until they are golden brown and the skin is very crispy.
- Toss the wings in the sauce and serve immediately with the blue cheese dip and some celery sticks.
706kcals, 32.6g fat (12.8g saturated), 21.2g carbs, 1.9g sugars, 75.2g protein, 0g fibre, 6.202g sodium