190g leftover Easter chocolate, chopped
190g butter, cubed
275g caster sugar
85g plain flour
½ tsp salt
40g cocoa powder
8 Creme Eggs, halved
6-8 mini Creme Eggs, halved
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a 20cm square baking tin and line with parchment paper.
- Set a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Add the chocolate and butter and leave to melt. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Set aside and leave to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl with an electric whisk on maximum speed for 3-5 minutes until the mixture is pale and doubled in volume. Gently fold in the smooth chocolate mixture until incorporated.
- Sieve the flour, salt and cocoa powder into the chocolate mixture, then gently fold in.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently press in the halved creme eggs. Return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes. Bake until the middle is set and the edges are just beginning to pull away from the sides of the tin. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before slicing.
Per Serving 541kcals, 28.4g fat (18g saturated), 69.6g carbs (58.2g sugars), 6.4g protein, 2.1g fibre, 0.283g sodium