½ tbsp olive oil
200g Denny Gold Medal Sausages, cut into chunks
2 Denny Traditional Back Rashers, chopped
½ an onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
400g tomato passata
1 tbsp tomato purée
60g Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook the sausages for 5-7 minutes, turning frequently, until browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat under the frying pan to medium-low and cook the rashers and onions for about four minutes until the rashers are crisp and the onions are soft.
- Stir in the garlic and mixed herbs until combined. Cook for one minute until fragrant. Add the sausages back to the pan.
- Stir in the tomato passata and purée until combined. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti for 9-11 minutes until al dente.
- Stir the cream and grated Parmesan into the sauce.
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the sauce, tossing to combine. Serve hot with garlic bread.
Per serving: 615 kcals, 26.1g fat (9g saturated), 63.1g carbohydrates, 4.9g sugars, 30.9g protein, 2g fibre, 0.782g sodium
If you like this, why not try our hearty bean and tomato penne?