1 tbsp olive oil
400g frozen spinach
½ an onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
450g pasta shells (conchiglie)
1 tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp dried thyme
Salt and black pepper
2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
500ml chicken stock
300g cooked chicken, shredded
3 tbsp plain flour
Baby tomatoes, chopped
Fresh basil, chopped
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish over a medium heat and cook the spinach and onion for 5-6 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Add the oregano, thyme, some salt and pepper, the tinned tomatoes and chicken stock to the casserole dish. Bring to a boil, then add the chicken and stir together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream and flour, making sure there are no clumps. Stir the flour mixture into the sauce, stirring continuously until well combined. Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Drain the pasta well, then add to the sauce and stir to combine. Divide among serving bowls and garnish with chopped tomatoes, fresh basil and grated Parmesan
Per Serving: 327kcals, 9.5g fat (3.8g saturated), 40.7g carbs, 3.4g sugars, 20.6g protein, 2.7g fibre, 0.302g sodium