1 tbsp olive oil
500g salmon fillets
Salt and black pepper
3 garlic cloves, crushed
12 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
200g baby spinach
70ml vegetable stock
180ml double cream
1 tsp paprika
Pinch of dried chilli flakes
320g rigatoni or other short pasta
Fresh basil leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Pat the salmon fillets dry with kitchen paper and season with salt and black pepper.
- Sear the salmon fillets skin side up for 3-4 minutes, then flip over and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the flesh is opaque. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium-low. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic to the same pan and cook for one minute, stirring.
- Add the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes until wilted.
- Add the stock, cream, paprika and chilli flakes. Bring to a simmer and cook for one minute. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the rigatoni according to package instructions. Drain well, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the pan with the sauce. Add a splash of the cooking water and stir to combine. Season with salt, if needed, and plenty of black pepper.
- Remove the skin from the salmon fillets and flake the salmon into large chunks..
- Gently stir the salmon into the pasta and simmer for 1-2 minutes until just warmed rough. Serve with some grated Parmesan and fresh basil, if desired.
Per serving 730kcals, 36.7g fat (2.1g saturated), 64.6g carbs (3.3g sugars), 37.2g protein, 4.2g fibre, 0.214g sodium