1.8kg potatoes, cut into 2cm chunks
4 large fennel bulbs, sliced into 2cm slices, fronds reserved for garnish
2 onion, peeled and sliced
4 tbsp olive oil
Salt and black pepper
950ml vegetable or chicken stock
1.1l unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7 and line two large rimmed baking trays with parchment paper.
- Place the potatoes on one baking tray, and the fennel and onion on the other. Drizzle over the olive oil and toss the vegetables until evenly coated. Spread them out in even layers on the trays and season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes until the potatoes are tender, tossing the vegetables and rotating the trays halfway through.
- Place the roasted vegetables in a large pot and add the stock and almond milk. Use a stick blender to purée the soup until you reach your desired consistency, whether chunky or smooth. Add more milk and/or stock if desired. Taste and add more seasoning as needed.
- Before serving, place the pot over a medium-low heat until warmed through.
- Divide among serving bowls and top with fennel fronds and some black pepper.
Per Serving 192kcals, 6.4g fat (0.9g saturated), 32g carbs, 2.8g sugars, 4.3g protein, 6.8g fibre, 0.463g sodium