400g linguine or spaghetti
3 chicken fillets
1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
60g plain flour
Salt and black pepper
80g Parmesan, grated, plus extra for serving
3 tbsp olive oil
6 slices of prosciutto or Parma ham
2 garlic cloves, crushed
100g sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
200ml chicken stock
130g basil pesto
Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4. Place a wire rack over a baking tray.
- Place the chicken fillets between two sheets of cling film. Use a rolling pin or a meat tenderiser to pound the fillets into an even thickness, about 2cm. Slice each in half to make six pieces of chicken.
- In a bowl, mix the garlic powder, mixed dried herbs, flour and a pinch of salt and pepper. Beat the eggs in a second bowl. In a third bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the grated Parmesan.
- Coat the chicken fillets in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Dip each fillet into
the beaten egg, then coat completely in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat two tablespoons of the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the pan, cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes per side until deep golden brown and crisp. Transfer the chicken to the prepared rack on the tray.
- In the empty spaces on the tray, arrange the prosciutto slices — you can shape each into a small twist to save space. Place the tray into the oven to keep warm until needed; the prosciutto will crisp up.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil over a high heat and cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in the same pan and add the garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for one minute until fragrant, then stir in the chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and stir in the cream. Simmer until the sauce has thickened, then stir in the pesto and lemon juice.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 120ml of the cooking water. Stir the pasta into the sauce, then add a little of the pasta water to loosen the sauce.
- Divide the pasta amongst six bowls and top each portion with a Parmesan chicken fillet, a piece of crispy prosciutto, a handful of rocket and some extra grated Parmesan.
Per serving 673kcals, 30.4g fat (8g saturated), 56.6g carbs (3.5g sugars), 42.9g protein, 1.9g fibre, 0.745g sodium