1 tbsp olive oil
200g sausage, chopped into bite-sized pieces
3 garlic cloves, crushed
150g sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped (or 150g sun-dried tomato pesto)
150ml tomato passata
100g Parmesan, grated
A handful of fresh basil, chopped
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the rigatoni according to the package instructions. Reserve a bit of the pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the oil and cook the sausages for 3-4 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Add the ‘nduja and garlic to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring to break up the ‘nduja until cooked through.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for a few seconds, then stir in the passata. Leave to cook for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the cream until combined, then the Parmesan. Stir in the pasta; add a little cooking water to loosen, if needed. Add the basil and serve immediately.