- Peel 2kg potatoes and chop into 4cm chunks.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a simmer and add the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain the potatoes well, turning the heat off on the hob.
- Return the pot to the hob and allow to steam dry for 20-30 seconds, then mash the
potatoes. Allow the rest of the steam to escape.
- Add 80g butter, 150g cream cheese and 100ml cream.
- Mash vigorously until smooth. Add salt and black pepper to taste and stir well.
Don’t use valuable time on the day – make your mash ahead of time! Prepare the recipe as stated, then transfer to a baking dish. Store in the fridge, removing about two hours before baking. Use a fork to make ridges in the top of the potatoes, then dot a little extra butter over the top and bake at 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 for 25-30 minutes until golden on top.