250g Fettucine pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
2 shallots, finely chopped
120ml of white wine or chicken stock
250ml double cream
40g Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and black pepper
100g frozen peas, thawed
2 large chicken breast, cubed
- Cook the pasta in a salted pot of boiling water according to the packet directions. Once cooked, drain the pasta and drizzle over olive oil to make sure pasta does not stick.
- Melt the butter in a pan and cook the shallots for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the wine or stock and simmer for 5 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the cream, milk and Parmesan and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Season with salt and black pepper.
- While the sauce is thickening, add the chicken breast to another pan and cook on a medium high heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the peas to the sauce, then add the chicken and the pasta and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
Per serving: 277 kcals, 38.7g fat (19.5g saturated), 54.2g carbs, 2.9g sugars, 28.2g protein, 1.4g fibre, 0.334g sodium