Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Bring a large pot of salted water to a simmer and add the potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain the potatoes well, turning the heat off on the hob. Return the pot to the hob and mash the potatoes. Allow all of the steam to escape before adding the other ingredients.
- Add 140g of the butter, the cream cheese and the milk or cream. Mash vigorously until smooth. Add salt and black pepper to taste and stir well.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking dish. Use a fork to make ridges in the top of the potatoes.
- Dot the remaining butter over the top and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden on top.
Note: Cream can be used as an alternative to Milk, if you wish.
Per serving: 336kcals, 21.2g fat (13.3g saturated), 32.6g carbs, 2.9g sugars, 5.4g protein, 4.8g fibre, 0.233g sodium
This dish is perfect for making ahead! Prepare the recipe as far as Step 4 a day or two in advance. Keep the mash in the fridge, removing it about two hours before baking, then continue with step 5.
MAKE IT YOURS
Try adding some of your favourite flavours:cooked and shredded cabbage/leeks/spring onions; Brussels sprouts; crumbled crispy bacon; grated cheese (we like Parmesan); crispy fried shallots; horseradish sauce (goes well with roast beef); roasted garlic; or even crushed cheese and onion crisps for a unique texture