300g streaky bacon, chopped
1kg Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and halved
Salt and black pepper
5 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp cornflour, mixed with 2 tsp water
40g Mozzarella, grated
40g Parmesan, grated
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170 ̊C fan/gas mark 5.
- Cook the bacon in a large oven-safe pan over a medium heat until golden and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a plate lined with kitchen paper, reserving the fat in the pan. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same pan, then add the Brussels sprouts and season with salt
and pepper. Cook for 5-6 minutes until lightly charred, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for one minute, stirring.
- Pour in the cream, turn the heat to low and simmer for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Add the cornflour slurry and stir until well combined and slightly thickened.
- Return the bacon to the pan, add some more black pepper and stir to combine everything together. Scatter over the Mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbling around the edges.
358kcals, 24.7g fat (10.7g saturated), 14.9g carbs (2.8g sugars), 21.7g protein, 4.8g fibre, 1.005g sodium
For more amazing recipes using Brussels sprouts click here.