200g caster sugar
240g frozen cranberries
2 tsp cornflour
300g soft goats’ cheese
150g Gorgonzola dolce
1 large wheel of ripe Brie
250g walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Place the port and sugar in a pan with 250ml of water and set over a low heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Increase the heat to medium and simmer for five minutes or until the mixture is syrupy. Add the cranberries and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring, until they begin to burst.
- Mix the cornflour with two tablespoons of cold water to make a smooth paste. Add to the pan and cook, stirring, for one minute or until thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Whizz the goats’ cheese and Gorgonzola together in a food processor until smooth.
- Split the Brie horizontally through the centre into two equal rounds. Place the bottom half on a plate or tray.
- Spread the bottom with half of the cheese mixture, sprinkle with half the walnuts and pour over half the cranberry sauce. Top with the remaining Brie, cheese mixture, nuts and sauce, then garnish with watercress.
- Serve with toasted baguette, or cut into small wedges and serve on plates with a green salad.
Per Serving 914kcals, 64.2g fat (18.9g saturated), 51g carbs, 41g sugars, 43.4g protein, 6.8g fibre, 1.124g sodium
This cranberry sauce can be made up to four days ahead and kept refrigerated.
This recipe was sent to us by our reader Martina Flatley