Makes around 30 biscuits
150g caster sugar
Zest of 1 orange
1 tsp vanilla extract
250g self-raising flour, plus extra for rolling
150g pistachio nuts
100g white chocolate chips
150g dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with parchment
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until pale and creamy. Fold in the orange zest
and vanilla, then gently fold in the flour.
- Stir in the pistachios, chocolate chips and dried cranberries, turn the mixture out onto a
floured worktop and knead gently. Divide the mixture into two ciabatta-like loaves.
- Transfer the biscotti loaves onto the prepared baking tray and bake for 30 minutes until
golden in colour, rotating the trays after 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Using a bread knife, cut the loaves into fingers.
Return to the same baking tray, cut side up, and bake again for 5-7 minutes.
- Flip the biscotti over and bake for another 5-7 minutes until hard.
- Place the biscotti on a wire rack to cool completely, then store in a sealed container.