For the sugared cranberries:
For the Bundts:
340g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
300g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
360g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
100g dried cranberries
Zest of 1 orange
For the icing:
200g icing sugar
Juice of ½ an orange
- For the sugared cranberries, combine 140g of the sugar and the water in a small pot over a medium heat. Allow to simmer until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is syrupy. Add the cranberries and turn to coat, then allow to sit in the syrup for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cranberries from the syrup, place on a sheet of parchment and allow to dry for at least one hour.
- Place the remaining sugar on a plate. Add the cranberries and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/ gas mark 4. Prepare nine mini Bundt tins by brushing the insides with melted butter. Place in the fridge until the butter has set. Grease the tins again with more melted butter and add a dusting of flour. Tap out the excess flour and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, salt and milk until just combined.
- Add two tablespoons of the mixture to the bottom of each Bundt tin and spread with the back of a spoon to make an even layer. Add one tablespoon of the dried cranberries and a little orange zest to each.
- Divide the remaining mixture evenly amongst the tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- For the icing, mix together the icing sugar and orange juice. Add more juice or more icing sugar if needed to get the right texture. Drizzle the icing around the top edges of the Bundts.
- Decorate the Bundts with the sugared cranberries and some extra orange zest.
789kcals, 34.8g fat (20.6g saturated), 115.1g carbs (81g sugars), 8.8g protein, 1.9g fibre, 0.531g sodium