2 tbsp olive oil
2 large courgettes, thinly sliced
800ml hot vegetable stock
1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
and rinsed, with a few reserved as garnish
200g frozen peas, with a few defrosted
peas reserved as garnish
4 tbsp vegan basil pesto, plus extra
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a high heat. Add the courgettes and cook for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the stock and simmer for 8-10 minutes, until the courgettes are fully cooked.
- Stir in the chickpeas, frozen peas and pesto and cook for one minute.
- Blend until smooth with a hand-held blender and season to taste.
- To serve, ladle the soup into warmed bowls and garnish with extra pesto and the reserved chickpeas and peas.
Per Serving: 170kcals, 10g fat (2.9g saturated), 19.1g carbs (7g sugars), 6.8g protein, 5.8g fibre, 0.712g sodium
Recipe and image from No Fuss Vegan by Roz Purcell, published by Penguin Ireland