125g plain flour
30g cocoa powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
120ml vegetable oil
100g caster sugar
75g dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
40g plain yoghurt, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 medium courgettes, grated
100g dark chocolate chips
30g pecans, chopped
Milk chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4. Line a 20 x 25cm tin with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sieve together the flour, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, sugars, eggs, yoghurt, vanilla and courgettes.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for 25- 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool fully.
- Once cooled, drizzle with melted chocolate and cut into squares.
256kcals, 14.6g fat (3.9g saturated), 31.2g carbs (19.7g sugars), 4g protein, 1.7g fibre, 0.172g sodium