1½ tbsp olive oil
2 courgettes, sliced
½ an onion, chopped
1 large garlic clove, crushed
6 large eggs
50g Mozzarella, grated
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
3 tbsp fresh sun-dried tomato pesto, plus extra to serve
Chips, wedges or garlic bread (optional)
- Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high and cook the courgettes and onion for 5-6 minutes until softened, working in batches. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Transfer to a plate.
- In a measuring jug, beat the eggs together with some salt and black pepper. Stir in the courgettes, Mozzarella and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and return to a medium-low heat.
- Stir the courgettes into the eggs, then pour the mixture into the pan and cook for 10 minutes until almost completely set. Meanwhile, turn the grill on to a high heat. Place the frittata pan under the grill for two minutes until just set. Remove from the pan onto a board and allow to cool slightly.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the tortilla in half horizontally. Spread the bottom half with the sun-dried tomato pesto, then sandwich together with the top half. Cut into wedges and serve with some mixed leaves and some chips, wedges or garlic bread, if desired.
Per serving: 260kcals, 15.3g fat (3.9g saturated), 19.3g carbs (11.9g sugars), 14.9g protein, 5.5g fibre, 0.263g sodium