Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Beat the egg and milk together briefly, then add the saffron water. Whisk this into the flour mixture to create a smooth batter. Stir in the sweetcorn and set aside.
- Heat a 20cm crêpe pan over a medium heat. Add the batter and swirl to coat. Cook for a few minutes per side until lightly coloured on both sides. Stir the batter well before each pouring, as the corn tends to sink in the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 4.
- Toss the red onions with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt in an oven dish. Roast for 15 minutes until the onions are browned. Add the pine nuts for the last five minutes of roasting.
- Slice the courgettes in half lengthways and half again across, then slice them into sticks about 5mm thick.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a wide, heavy pan over a medium heat. Sauté the courgette, garlic and marjoram, stirring often, for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the onion and pine nuts, then remove from the heat to cool.
- Stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a pancake on a work surface, best-side down. Trim the sides to get a straight edge on the ends. Put some of the courgette filling in a line across the centre and roll up the pancake to make a tight parcel. Repeat with the other pancakes.
- Place the filled pancakes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush with olive oil and bake for five minutes to heat through.
- While the crepes are heating, heat some oil in a small frying pan and add the cherry tomatoes, chilli and capers. Season with salt and heat gently until the tomatoes soften. Just before serving, add a splash of water.
- Serve two pancakes per portion with the warm salsa spooned over.
DinnerBreakfast & BrunchLow carbPancakesPancake TuesdaySpecial OccasionsLeftoversAfternoon teaDinner partyMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Low carb
Tortellini en brodo