1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced
2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
400g chicken thighs or fillets, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground turmeric
150ml chicken or vegetable stock
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato purée
1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1⁄2 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
1 x 400g tin of coconut milk
150g fresh spinach leaves
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and red peppers and cook for five minutes until softened.
- Add the chilli, garlic and ginger and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 1-2 minutes per side until browned.
- Stir in the ground spices and cook for one minute. Add the stock, tomatoes, tomato purée and chickpeas, mixing well to combine.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and reduce the heat. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the broccoli and simmer for another 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the coconut milk and spinach until the spinach has wilted. Serve hot on a bed of rice.
Per Serving: 380kcals, 24.4g fat (16.1g saturated), 19.6g carbs (7.1g sugars), 25.4g protein, 5.8g fibre, 0.193g sodium