1 tsp vinegar
2 tsp vegetable oil
4 streaky bacon rashers
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1⁄2 tsp wholegrain mustard
6 slices of white bread
1 head of little gem lettuce, chopped
2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
1 x 100g pack of Homebird Irish Roast Chicken
Salt and black pepper
4 tbsp coleslaw
50g Cheddar, grated
- Place the eggs in a pan and add enough cold water to just cover. Add the vinegar and bring to a boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for six minutes, then remove from the heat. Transfer the eggs to a bowl of iced water and allow to cool for five minutes, then peel and slice.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and cook the rashers for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden and crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mustard and mayonnaise.
- Lightly toast the bread. Spread two slices with the mustard mayonnaise, then layer these with the lettuce, tomato and Homebird chicken. Place the sliced eggs on top and season with salt and black pepper.
- Top each with another slice of toast, then add the cheese and rashers. Spread the coleslaw over the remaining two slices of toast, then use these to close the sandwiches.
- Slice the sandwiches in half on the diagonal to serve, securing with cocktail sticks if desired.
Per serving: 672kcals, 39g fat (13.7g saturated), 38.8g carbs, 7g sugars, 40.4g protein, 7g sugars, 3.7g fibre, 1.674g sodium
Recipe proudly brought to you by