Knob of butter
50g smoked streaky bacon, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tsp fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
300g potatoes, peeled and chopped
700ml fish stock
Salt and black pepper
150g fresh cod or haddock, skin removed, chopped into 2cm pieces
150g salmon, skin removed, chopped into 2cm pieces
250g undyed smoked haddock, skinned and flesh cut into 2cm pieces
1kg mussels in their shells, washed and de-bearded
1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
160ml double cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot over a medium-high heat. Cook the bacon for 3-4 minutes until lightly golden.
- Add the onion and cook for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add the thyme, bay leaf and potatoes and cook gently for 2-3 minutes before adding the fish stock. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are just barely tender. Add the cod, salmon, smoked haddock and mussels and simmer gently for 5-6 minutes. Remove and discard any mussels that haven’t opened.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir through the dill and cream, being gentle to avoid breaking up the pieces of fish.
- Divide between warmed serving bowls and garnish with extra dill.
475kcals, 22.8g fat (10g saturated), 17.2g carbs, 1.4g sugars, 48.5g protein, 1.8g fibre, 1.045g sodium