Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7.
- Lift the loose skin at the tail end of a 6.5kg Lidl Deluxe fresh Irish turkey and remove the bag of giblets.
- Season the cavity generously with Kania salt and pepper and fill the cavity with aromatic flavourings like halved lemons, garlic cloves, fresh herbs and quartered onions.
- Place the turkey in a large roasting tin, breast-side up. Use your hands to loosen the skin from the breast meat, being careful not to tear the skin. Rub 150g softened Dairy Manor Irish Creamery Butter under the skin. Tie the legs together with kitchen string.
- Melt 150g butter and brush it over the outside of the skin. Season well with salt and pepper, then drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Tent the turkey loosely with foil and roast for one hour and 45 minutes without opening the oven.
- Remove the foil and cook for another hour or until a thermometer registers the internal temperature at 74˚C and the juices run clear.
- Transfer the turkey to a plate and tent loosely with foil. Allow to rest in a warm place for at least 20 minutes before carving.
IrishChristmasDinnerLow carbSpecial OccasionsHigh-proteinFamily mealsCuisinesSunday roastDinner partyComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Irish
Irish coffee affogato by EUROSPAR