Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7. (Do not preheat the roasting tray for the turkey.)
- Lift the loose skin at the tail end of the turkey and remove the bag of giblets. Season the cavity generously with salt and pepper and fill the cavity with aromatic flavourings like halved lemons, garlic cloves, fresh herbs and quartered onions, or your stuffing of choice.
- Use your hands to loosen the skin from the breast meat, being careful not to tear the skin. Rub 150g softened butter under the skin. Tie the legs together with kitchen string. Brush the skin all over with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the flour into the Magic Bag, hold the opening of the bag closed and shake to coat the insides of the bag with the flour. Place the turkey into the Magic Bag and tie closed using the nylon tie. Cut away any excess bag sticking out from the tie.
- Place the Magic Bag in a roasting tin or baking dish, then use a scissors to snip a few slits in the top. Carefully place in the oven without letting the bag touch the insides of the oven.
- Roast for two hours and 45 minutes or until a thermometer registers the internal temperature at 74˚C and the juices run clear.
- Carefully cut open the bag to remove the turkey. Transfer the turkey to a plate, tent with foil and allow to rest in a warm place for at least 20 minutes before carving. Reserve the juices from the Magic Bag and use them to make your gravy.
This recipe proudly brought to you by Magic Bag. To learn more about them, simply follow them on Facebook and Instagram.
Gluten-freeChristmasDinnerLow sugarDiabetic-friendlyLow carbSpecial OccasionsHigh-proteinFamily mealsFree-fromSunday roastDinner partyComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Gluten-free
Harissa chicken thighs