Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/130°C fan/gas mark 2 and prepare the ingredients. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Draw a 23cm circle on the parchment.
- In a large, spotlessly clean and dry bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Gradually add the sugar, just one tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until thick and glossy.
- Add the vanilla extract, lemon juice and cornflour.
- Fold in gently with a spatula.
- Spoon the mixture inside the circle drawn on the parchment.
- Spread the mixture from the centre towards the outside edges. The edges should be slightly higher than the centre.
- Bake for one hour. Turn the oven off, crack the door open slightly using the handle of a wooden spoon and allow the meringue to cool in the oven.
- When cooled, carefully remove the parchment and place the meringue on a flat serving plate. Top with whipped cream and fresh fruit and/or chocolate shavings.
185kcals, 3.3g fat (1.8g saturated), 38.4g carbs, 33g sugars, 3.1g protein, 2.3g fibre, 0.036g sodium
Popular in Meringue
Passionfruit meringue gateaux