Makes around 1L
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- While the turkey is resting, pour the juices from the roasting tin into a jug and allow to settle.
- Discard the clear fat from the top and pour the dark juices back into the roasting tin.
- Place on the hob over a medium-high heat.
- Add 40ml white wine and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes, using a wooden spoon to scrape all the sticky bits from the bottom of the tin.
- In a small jug or cup, dissolve 4 tbsp cornflour in just enough water to make a paste.
- Add the paste to the roasting tin and use a whisk or to combine together well. Stir until the gravy begins to thicken.
- As it thickens, slowly add around 900ml hot chicken stock. Alternate stirring and adding the stock for 5-6 minutes, aiming for your desired consistency.
- Add 1 tsp dried sage, rosemary or thyme, if desired.
- Season to taste with salt and plenty of black pepper, then serve in a warmed gravy boat.
Top tip: This gravy can easily be made suitable for gluten-free eaters by using gluten-free stock and ensuring that the cornflour was produced in a gluten-free environment.
Popular in Christmas