4 egg whites
100g icing sugar
100g caster sugar
¼ tsp cream of tartar
Green food colouring
Sprinkles (or gluten-free alternative if using)
- Preheat the oven to 110˚C/90˚C fan/gas mark ¼. Line two large baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a large clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until they begin to form soft peaks. Whisking constantly, add one tablespoon of icing sugar followed by one tablespoon of caster sugar. Continue adding the sugar in this way until all of it has been incorporated.
- Add the cream of tartar and the food colouring. Keep whisking for 10 minutes until the meringue is glossy and very stiff.
- Use a star nozzle to pipe the meringue onto the parchment paper in the shape of Christmas trees.
- Bake for 80-90 minutes or until set. Turn off the oven, prop the door a little open with the handle of a wooden spoon and allow the meringues to cool in the oven. Decorate with sprinkles, to serve.
Per Serving: 104kcals, 0g fat (0g saturated), 25.1g carbs (24.9g sugars), 1.8g protein, 0g fibre, 0.017g sodium