Makes approx. 30
Vegetable or coconut oil, for greasing
30g gelatine powder
400g caster sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 egg whites
- Line a 20cm square tin with parchment paper and brush with a little vegetable or coconut oil.
- In a jug, heat 125ml of the water to about 50 ̊C. Stir in the gelatine until completely dissolved. Set aside in a warm place.
- In a pot, stir together the caster sugar, golden syrup, vanilla and the remaining 125ml of water over a medium-high heat. Using a thermometer, heat to 120 ̊C-130 ̊C; alternatively, check if it’s ready by dropping some of the syrup into cold water to see if it forms a rigid ball.
- Once the mixture has reached the right temperature, whisk in the dissolved gelatine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until thick and fluffy. While still whisking, stream in the hot liquid slowly; continue whisking until thick but still pourable. Fold in the sprinkles.
- Pour into the prepared tin and allow to set for eight hours or overnight.
- Once set, use a small Christmas tree cutter to stamp out the marshmallows. Toss them in the cornflour to stop them from sticking.
160kcals, 1.8g fat (0g saturated), 35.5g carbs (30.1g sugars), 2.5g protein, 0.5g fibre, 0.1g sodium