Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the berry coulis:
- Preheat the oven to 180̊C/160̊C fan/gas mark 4.
- Use an electric whisk to beat the egg whites in a clean, dry mixing bowl for a few minutes until foamy. Gradually beat in the caster sugar for a few minutes until stiff peaks form and the mixture is thick and glossy; when you remove the whisk, the mixture should keep its shape.You should even be able to hold the mixing bowl upside down without the mixture falling out.
- Gently whisk in the cornflour and vinegar for two minutes.
- Draw a 20cm circle on a sheet of parchment paper (the easiest way to do this is to draw around a 20cm cake tin), then flip the paper over. Use a little of the meringue mixture to stick the four corners of the parchment paper to a baking tray.
- Spoon the meringue mixture onto the prepared tray. Use an upward sweeping motion with your spatula to form the meringue into a peak shape. Use the spatula to create a small hollow in the centre of the pavlova at the top.
- Place the tray in the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 120 ̊C/100 ̊C fan/gas mark 1⁄2.
- Bake for 60 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the pavlova inside to cool completely — don’t be tempted to open the oven door!
- To make the coulis, add the blackberries and sugar to a small saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the berries until soft and juicy. Mash lightly with a fork, or blitz in a food processor, then pour the mixture through a sieve into a jug. Allow to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the double cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Once the pavlova is fully cooled, remove from the oven and carefully transfer to a serving plate or cake stand. Spoon the cream onto the pavlova. Decorate with plums, redcurrants, figs and fresh mint.
- Drizzle on some of the blackberry coulis before serving.
Per Serving: 431kcals, 16.1g fat (9.8g saturated), 71.7g carbs (66.2g sugars), 5.6g protein, 3.4g fibre, 0.051g sodium
Gluten-freeChristmasSweet thingsSpecial OccasionsMeringueBakingFruit dessertsMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Gluten-free
Gluten-free chocolate and honeycomb mousse by EUROSPAR