Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the ramekins:
For the soufflés:
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7 and place a baking tray on the top shelf.
- Brush the insides of six 150ml ramekins with melted butter and sprinkle with the caster sugar. Turn the ramekins until the insides are completely coated with sugar, then tip out any excess.
- Place the chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of gently simmering water. Make sure the bottom of the bowl is not sitting in the water. Allow the chocolate and cream to melt together, then remove and allow to cool. Mix in the egg yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form glossy stiff peaks, then add the caster sugar one tablespoon at a time, whisking back to the same consistency. Stir one spoonful of the egg whites into the melted chocolate, then gently fold in the rest, being careful to maintain the air in the mixture.
- Working quickly, fill the ramekins with the mixture. Wipe the rims clean and run your thumb around the edge of each.
- Turn the oven down to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Place the ramekins onto the baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until risen with a slight wobble. Don’t open the oven door too early as this may make them collapse.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm.
Per serving: 262kcals, 14.2g fat (8.7g saturated), 26.8g carbs, 24g sugar, 7.1g protein, 1g fibre, 0.155g sodium
When the egg whites have reached a ‘stiff peak’ stage, you should be able to lift the whisk and for the peak to hold it’s shape.