For the base:
300g double chocolate chip cookies
150g butter, melted
Zest of 1 orange
For the filling:
300g cream cheese, softened
145g icing sugar, sieved
Zest of 2 oranges
450ml double cream
9 segments of Terrys Chocolate Orange
- Line a 28 x 22cm rectangular cake tin with non-stick parchment paper, leaving extra to over hang over the sides; this will be helpful when lifting out the cheesecake.
- For the base, whizz the cookies in a food processor until they are roughly crushed, or place in a sealable bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Place the crushed biscuits into a bowl and pour over the melted butter. Add the orange zest and stir together until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin and push firmly to form an even base for the cheesecake. Place in the fridge to set while you make the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar and orange zest until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whip the double cream until it forms stiff peaks. Gently fold into the cream cheese mixture until combined.
- Pour the mixture over the set biscuit base. Use an angled palette knife or the back of a spoon to level out the top. Place into the fridge and allow to set overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge. Use the over-hanging parchment to help lift out the cheesecake.
- Use a palette knife to smooth the sides of the cheesecake, if required, then cut into nine squares. Top with orange zest and segments of Terrys chocolate orange on top.
Per Serving 661kcals, 53.9g fat (31.5g saturated), 44.2g carbs (34.1g sugars), 6.3g protein, 1.1g fibre, 0.346g sodium