Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Line a 20cm square tin with parchment paper.
- In a jug, stir together the warm milk, one tablespoon of sugar and the yeast. Leave for 10-15 minutes or until foamy.
- Combine the flour, salt and butter in a large bowl. Rub the butter into the flour until combined.
- Make a well in the centre and add the milk mixture and one egg (or half of the egg mixture).
- Mix until a dough forms, then tip onto a floured surface and add the chocolate chips, orange zest and orange juice. Knead for 5-10 minutes until the dough is smooth and stretchy.
- Cover the dough and leave to rest in a warm place for about one hour or until doubled in size.
- Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for one minute. Divide into six equal pieces. Roll into balls and place into the prepared tin with the seam of each roll at the bottom.
- Cover and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 6.
- Brush the buns with the remaining beaten egg and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Let them cool slightly and enjoy warm.
Per serving: 508kcals, 13.5g fat (7.6g saturated), 85.1g carbs, 19.3g sugars, 13.2g protein, 2.5g fibre, 0.091g sodium
Popular in Chocolate
Chocolate hazelnut mousse pots
4 months, 20 days ago
Great recipe! Will 100% make again.