6-8 brioche rolls, halved lengthwise
60g dark chocolate chips
Zest of 1 orange
350ml whole milk
100ml double cream
60g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4 and lightly butter a medium baking dish.
- Arrange the brioche rolls in the prepared dish and scatter with the chocolate chips and orange zest.
- Heat the milk and cream together in a small saucepan until steaming hot, but not boiling.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs together with 50g of caster sugar until pale and thick.
- Slowly pour the hot milk mixture onto the eggs, whisking constantly. Strain through a sieve into a jug, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Slowly pour the custard over the rolls, being careful to soak all the bread. Scatter the surface with the remaining sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes in the centre of the oven, until golden brown. Let the pudding rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream.
Per serving: 267kcals, 14.7g fat (3.2g saturated), 28.5g carbs (14g sugars), 6.2g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.048g sodium