Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the topping:
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat 120ml of the heavy cream in a pan with the sugar and salt over a medium heat until the sugar is dissolved and the cream just comes to a boil.
- Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chopped chocolate. Allow to stand for 20-30 seconds, then stir until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Add the vanilla extract and whisk until combined and creamy. Let cool for five minutes.
- Whisk the remaining heavy cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold half of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until thoroughly combined, then gently fold in the rest of the cream and grated chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into two martini glasses or wine glasses, leaving a 2cm gap at the top. Cover and refrigerate for three hours until set.
- Whisk the thickened cream and cream liqueur together until the mixture forms stiff peaks, then spoon the cream over the top of each mousse. Sprinkle with grated chocolate and serve chilled.
Per serving: 712kcals, 53.8g fat (34.8g saturated), 47.3g carbs, 6.9g sugars, 6.9g protein, 2g fibre, 0.175g sodium
IrishSweet thingsChocolateMother’s DayValentine’s DaySpecial OccasionsNo-bakeFrenchCuisinesAfternoon teaDinner partyVegetarian
Popular in Irish
Irish coffee affogato by EUROSPAR