Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a 17cm round springform cake tin and dust with cocoa powder.
- Beat the butter and sugar together for a few minutes until light and fluffy. Pour about one-third of the syrup from the tinned cherries into the mixture and beat well.
- Beat in the eggs until combined. Sift in the baking powder, cocoa powder and rice flour, then stir until just incorporated.
- Stir half of the cherries into the batter, then spread the batter into the cake tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for five minutes in the tin, then remove to a wire rack. Poke holes into the top using a cocktail stick and pour the remaining cherry syrup over the cake while it is still warm. Top with the remaining cherries.
- Leave to cool and top with grated chocolate. Serve with crème fraîche or whipped cream.
Note: Whipped cream can be used as an alternative to Crème fraîche, if you wish.
Per serving: 229kcals, 10.2g fat (6g saturated), 33.9g carbs, 6.5g sugars, 3.5g protein, 2.5g fibre, 0.181g sodium
Popular in Kids baking
Rice Krispie wreath